|1. What is Marriage
Registration Certificate ? |
- Marriage Registration Certificate is
issued to both Husband and Wife whose marriage
has already been solemnised. The Registration is done under
Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband
and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have
converted into any of these religions.
Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
|2. What documents are required for Registration ? |
- Application form completed in all respect and
signed by both Husband & Wife.
- Proof of residence (Voter I-card/Ration card).
- Separate affidavit in prescribed format
from Husband & Wife.
- Date of birth proofs of both parties (10th Class certificate, Date of birth certificate).
- Two passport size photograph of Husband and Two Passport Size Photograph of Wife and one photo of marriage.
- Marriage invitation card if available.
- Original copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- In case one of the parties belong to
other than Hindu Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage ( in case of Hindu Marriage Act).
- In case applicant is a foreign national, a NO Objection Certificate in original from the concerned High Commission to be submitted along with the application form.
- If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
- One witness of Gazetted Officer ( Gazetted Officer should bring Official Seal and Office Identity Card)
- IMPORTANT : All
documents needs to be attested by Gazetted Officer.
|3. What is application fee
for Registration ? |
- Rs. 100/- is charged as application fee for Registration and Rs. 150/- is charged for Solemnization.
|4. Where to apply
- You can approach to the O/o the ADM of your area
or you can also approach to the concerned O/o the Deputy
Commissioner during 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on any working day.
- You can also APPLY ONLINE.
|5. What is the
Response time ? |
- Marriage Registration certificate is issued within 7 days.
| 6. Degree of Prohibition as per Hindu Marriage Act 1955. |
- "Sapinda relationship" with reference to
any person extends as far as the third generation (inclusive) in
the line of ascent through the mother, and the fifth (inclusive)
in the line of ascent through the father, the line being traced
upwards in each case from the person concerned, who is to be
counted as the first generation;
- two persons are said to "sapindas" of each other
if one is a lineal ascendant of the other within the limits of sapinda
relationship, or if they have a common lineal ascendant who is within
the limits of sapinda relationship with reference to each of them;
"degrees of prohibited relationship" Ė
two persons are said to be within the "degrees of prohibited
- if one is a lineal ascendant of the other
- if one was the wife or husband of a lineal ascendant or descendant of the other
- if one was the wife of the brother or the fatherís or motherís brother or of the grandfatherís or grandmotherís brother of the other
- if the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters