|1. Introduction to Scheme. |
- The Prime Minister Rozgar Yojna (PMRY) scheme is to provide assistant to the educated unemployed persons. It relates to the setting up of self employment ventures through industry services and business routes.
- The scheme is for all educated unemployed persons of age 18-35 years, with a 10 years age relaxation
for SC/STs, ex-servicemen, physically handicapped persons and women. The scheme envisages 22.5% reservation for SC/ST and 27 % for Other Backward Class (OBCs).
- All economically viable activities
including agriculture and allied activities but excluding direct
agricultural operations like raising crop, purchase of manure etc
are covered under the scheme.
|2. Eligibility Criteria. |
|3. What are activities covered under this scheme ?
- All economically viable activities including agriculture and allied activities, excluding direct agricultural operations like raising crop, purchase of manure etc.
|4. How much loan amount is given ? |
- Rs. 1.00 lakh for business sector, Rs.
2.00 lakhs for other activities. Rs. 10.00 lakhs for joint
|5. How much subsidy & Margin money ? |
- Subsidy is 15% of the project cost
subject to the maximum of Rs. 7,500 per enterpreneur. Banks will
be allowed to take margin money from the entrepreneur varying from
5% to 16.25% of the project cost so s to make the total of the
subsidy and margin money equal to 20% of the project cost.
|6. What is the rate of interest and repaymet schedule ? |
- Normal rate of interest of bank is
charged. Repayment of loan amount is varying from 3 to 7 years.
|7. Will there be any training or any other assistance? |
- Yes, there will be training. The training
expenses and operational expenditure to be covered within the
ceiling of Rs. 2,000/- per case.
|8. Where to apply ? |
|9. What documents are required ? |
- Appliction form completed in all respect.
- Proof of residence in the concerned district (Voter I-Card / Ration Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth certificate / school leaving certificate).
- Proof of education qualification.
- Training completed, if any.
- Family income proof.
- Caste certificate, wherever applicatble
|10. What is the Response time ? |
- An interview is conducted of admissible applicants within 2 weeks of receiving of applications. The result of interview is declared on the same day.